There could be several reasons due to which one might tow a vehicle. They include the likes of moving a vehicle, to take…
There could be several reasons due to which one might tow a vehicle. They include the likes of moving a vehicle, to take any vehicle on a trip or even to transport it to a different location altogether. No matter what the reason is, for towing a vehicle, one must be aware of carrying out this activity in a proper manner.
One can make use of certain guidelines, which help to make the towing process easier:
There are certain rules to follow for towing. They include:
- Towing services in Gold Coast are provided one vehicle at a time.
- No one is allowed to ride either in trailers or caravans.
- While you try to tow and drive on a road that does not have street lights, it is important to minimum 60 metres behind all those vehicles, which are towing trailers.
- Learner drivers and even provisional riders of motorcycle are not allowed to tow vehicles.
A driver needs to be proficient:
It takes a lot of practice for a driver to drive any trailer. The important points that one must follow, include:
- Make sure to allow for the trailer’s tendency to cut-in on corners as well as curves.
- Driver must allow much longer distances for putting brakes, overtakes and to join a stream of traffic.
- While reversing, it is always preferable to have someone else stay outside the vehicle to give directions.
- He or she must avoid changing lanes and directions.
- It is important to look ahead than usual, which would let you react to changes occurring in traffic or road conditions.
Check the following things before each trip:
To tow a vehicle properly, check:
- Whether vehicle and trailer are worthy of travelling in the road
- The tyres are inflated properly
- If the suspension, wheel bearings and brakes are working properly
- The safety chains are connected properly.